HTC announced one of the best Android smartphones, with the HTC One having the 4.7-inch 1080p display and the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OS in it. The smartphone has got one of the best designs in the industry, and the features packed in it, are mostly the ones never seen before in other devices, although a few were similar to the ones in the other Mobile OS. Let’s see what are the best features packed in the HTC One Android Smartphone.
Update: The availability of the HTC One in the Indian markets is expected to be in April, which should be a perfect time to compete with the Samsung Galaxy S4 and the Sony Xperia Z, the best flagship devices from the competitors.
The Best Features of HTC One
- 4.7-inch 1080p Display: The HTC One comes with the 4.7-inch screen with a 1080p display, screen resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels which not just supports but plays 1080p videos perfectly. The screen is protected by the Gorilla Glass 2, and the display is a Super LCD 3 with the pixel density of 468 PPI.
- UltraPixel Camera: The camera is of 4-megapixel lens, but that’s not a poor factor as HTC has moved ahead of the Megapixel concept and are into UltraPixel where the pixel size is increased to make the colors more vivid and denser. The CMOS sensor adds to the quality.
- 1080p Video Recording: The smartphone has got two cameras, and both front and rear cameras have the 1080p Full HD video recording feature.
- Remote Control: HTC has included a remote control feature in the HTC One where it can be used as a remote control for the TVs and Set-top boxes, and that would seen be a possibility with most of the Cable TV and DTH services.
- Blinkfeed: Similar to the Metro UI for the Windows Phone, there are live widgets and tile-like spaces on the home screens where live news, social networking updates appear all the time pulling the feed from various services. The live widgets are interactive and keep updating themselves.
- Quad-core Processor: The HTC One is powered by the 1.7 GHz Quad-core processor – the Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 chipset, supported by 2GB of RAM.
- Android Jelly Bean OS: The device is powered by the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean operating system, and the interface is the HTC Sense 5 which has got some of the excellent intuitive features making the entire interface a lot more interactive. The 4.1.2 is the latest version of Android OS till date.
- Multiple connectivity options: WiFi a/ac/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC and the 4G LTE mobile connectivity apart from the USB 2.0 and HDMI through the 5-pin connector pin.
Specifications of the HTC One Android Smartphone
|Feature & Aspect||HTC ONE|
|Dimensions||137.4mm x 68.2mm x 9.3mm|
|Screen||4.7-inch Capacitive Touchscreen|
|Display, Resolution||Super LCD 3 Display, 1920 x 1080 Pixels, 468 PPI|
|Corning Gorilla Glass 2|
|Operating System||Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean OS|
|Interface||HTC Sense 5 interface|
|Processor – Chipset||Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 Quad-core Chipset|
|CPU Speed||1.7 GHz|
|Camera – Rear||4-Megapixel UltraPixel Camera|
|Rear Camera Features||BSI sensor and f/2.0 lens, ImageChip 2 for HDR|
|Camera – Front||2.1-Megapixel lens|
|Video Recording||Both cameras have 1080p Video Recording|
|Storage||32GB and 64GB storage options|
|Expandable Storage||No MicroSD card|
|Connectivity –||Single SIM|
|Data Network||4G LTE Connectivity|
|Wi-Fi / WLAN||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot|
|Bluetooth||Bluetooth 4.0 technology|
|Other Options||NFC, GPS, HDMI through USB 5-pin connector|
|Battery||2,300mAh Li-polymer battery|
|Other Features, Specs||HTC Zoe, HTC BoomSound, HTC Sense TV|
Availability of the HTC One Smartphone
The HTC One is going to have a global availability, as it is going to be available through around 185 operators at the same time, and it is 80 countries where the phone would be launched in March 2013.