Samsung Galaxy S4 has broken all records of sales and is still doing good in the market. Chances are quite high that you also own this device. If that’s so, then you must keep reading this article ahead to know about how to hard reset Samsung Galaxy S4. In case you don’t know about hard reset, then I would say that, in the simplest words, the hard reset is procedure to restore the device to factory settings. If you are having some software related problems on your Galaxy S4, then hard reset is what is meant for you. Make sure to take a backup of your data before, if possible.
Related: Hard reset Xperia Z
Hard resetting Samsung Galaxy S4 is quite simple. Below are the steps on how to hard reset Samsung Galaxy S4.
- The very first step is to head over to Settings section of your Galaxy S4. Of course, for this, you need to click on Settings icon after finding it in the main menu.
- In the settings section, look for the Accounts option and tap it. You will be taken to accounts section in no time.
- From all the options that appear on the screen, look for the one that reads Backup & Reset. Tap it.
- Tap the ‘Factory data reset’ option.
- A warning message will come up on the screen. It’s wise to read out this message before you proceed ahead.
- After reading, just tap ‘Reset phone’ option.
- Tap ‘Erase everything’.
- The process of hard resetting your Galaxy S4 will start. The device will restart automatically on hard resetting.
That’s it. You have successfully hard reset Samsung Galaxy S4. This method is the simplest of all to hard reset Galaxy S4, but, is not meant for you if your Galaxy S4 is completely locked. If there is no access to menu section of your device, then this process is not meant for you. In such case, you should consider following the alternate method. Below is that.
- First of all, turn off your Galaxy S4. Of course, do it by pressing and holding the power button. Yeah, you can do so by removing-and-inserting battery as well.
- When the device is turned off, just press and hold both Volume buttons. While keeping them pressed, press and hold the Power button.
- Keep the three buttons pressed that will result in the entry of your device into the recovery mode. Once you are in the recovery mode, you can release the buttons.
- In the recovery mode, you can navigate through the available options with the volume up and down buttons. The selection of any particular option can be made by pressing the power button.
- So using the volume buttons, navigate to the option that reads “wipe data / factory reset”.
- Select this option using the Power button.
- The procedure for hard resetting will initiate. In a short time, your Galaxy S4 will get hard reset.
That’s all done. You have successfully hard reset your Galaxy S4 device. Having any problems in the process? Use the comment box below to post it and get help from us.
- s4 master reset
- hard reset s4 consequences
- broken galaxy s4 factory reset
- resetting samsung s4
- how to reset the code on a samsung galaxys4
- reset broken galaxy s4
- problem s4 resetting
- How to Reset the Captcha on s4
- how to hard reset samsung galaxy s4 steps
- how to hard reset a samsung s4